- Claiming and collecting government taxes and premiums from national insurance;
- tracking down tax fraude (by the FIOD, the investigative service of the Tax Department;
- paying out income-bound premiums for child care, rent and health care;
- maintaining supervision on the import, export and trade in goods;
- maintaining supervision on the realization of the fiscal laws and rules.
The duties of the Tax Department:
Doing income tax returns online:
10 million tax declarations per year
Per year there are nearly 10 million tax declarations made by citizens. The Tax Department is of course very busy around the time of declaration from 1 March to 1 May. Busy not only with declarations, but also with all of the questions people ask. People are very preoccupied with the topic and really want to know if they are doing it properly. Watch the video to see what else the Tax Department does.