Facts about the seats in Parliament
- If a party has half of the seats +1, then the party has the majority and this party can become the boss over the Netherlands.
- The majority is usually made up of two or more parties.
- If more than the half of the members are for a proposed law it then goes to the Upper House or the Senate.
- If more than half of the members are against a proposed law, then it will not take place.
- In the Lower House the members of a party form a fraction or group. So therefore there are numerous fractions.
- The size of the fractions varies greatly. There are fractions with only 1 member and there are larger factions with 30 or more members.